Steps to remove a contact from the sequence when the subscriber replies.
The system needs to track the replies so that it can check and remove the contact from the sequence through automation. To track the replies, you need to set up email forwarding from your email account where you are receiving replies to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please check the article to set up this.
Once the forwarding is set up, the system is ready to track the replies.
Please make sure you have entered the reply to the email in the sequence. Please check the screenshot
To remove the contact from the sequence based on the reply, we need to create an automation as below:
1. Create automation and select the trigger "Joins a sequence".
2. In the trigger "Joins a sequence" select the sequence that you want to track.
3. Add the condition node "Has Subscriber Replied"
4. Select the sequence and the email from that sequence that you want to track the reply for. If you want to check for replies for any email from that sequence, please select Any Email.
5. Select the Wait time for the system to wait to track the replies. Please set the delay according to the delays of the sequence.
6. Add the action node "Remove from sequence" and select the sequence.
7. Save the automation and publish it.
Please check the video that shows you to create an automation.
Note: For the node "Has Subscriber Replied", select the delay according to the sequence. If you select one week, the system will wait for one week to track the replies if there is no reply within a week it will take the "No" path and exits from the automation.